Best Cordless Impact Drivers 2023: If you are in the construction business, then you are already familiar with impact drivers. And while most impact drives came with heavy-duty cords and cordless ones were rarer in the field – that no longer seems to be the norm. If you are looking to purchase a new impact driver, then you should know a few things starting with the fact that size matters little. In other words, larger the size does not necessarily translate to better torque and power where impact drivers are concerned.
So if you are planning to purchase the best cordless impact drivers, you may need to take a few factors into consideration. You may also want to check out some of the tips posted below on how better to take care of your impact drivers so that they are durable and can last for long periods. And yes, you may have a surfeit of choices to choose from when it comes to impact drivers, which is why we have collated information on some of the best cordless impact drivers, rated and reviewed them below, for you convenience, so do check them out.
Best Cordless Impact Driver 2023 Reviews
#1. DEWALT DCF885C1 20V Max 1/4″ Impact Driver
If you have not used any power tools earlier on and just about to get started on your first DIY project, then this is the impact driver that you would need to go for. For starters, it is completely cordless so you would not have to worry about dragging any cords behind you as you use the tool. And moreover the 1/4th inch driver is perfect for any DIY projects or small construction projects around your residence.
The neat thing about this best cordless impact driver is that you can use it in really compact and small places effectively without any hassle. It comes with a charger with which you can charge your impact driver. Apart from this, it also comes with a carry bag which you can use to store your drill, as well as all the accessories and drill bits as well. What really makes this impact driver stand out, apart from others is that it comes with a hex drive system which essentially means that you can use it with various fasteners such as screws, lug nuts, bolts etc. So let’s take a closer look at some of the pros and cons, of this impact driver,
- It comes with a reasonable price tag for a cordless impact driver
- It comes with 3 LED lights in the front for improved visibility
- It comes with a maximum torque of 1400in/lbs
- It weighs extremely little, only 2.8 lbs
- It is quite compact and fits into tight corners with ease
- The battery does not seem to last long
- It does make quite a bit of noise
Overall, all things considered, it is indeed a good purchase, especially if you are looking for a good quality impact driver.
#2. Makita XDT12Z 18V LXT Brushless 4-Speed Impact Driver
This cordless impact driver catches your attention right away, stating with the fact that it is one of the tiniest cordless impact drivers that you are going to see in the market. It is indeed tiny but that’s a tad deceptive seeing the advanced functionality that this little tool packs in. it comes with a brushless motor and even features four speed settings. What makes this impact driver really useful is that it is so compact that you should be able to use it with ease, in most tight corners and it is also just the sort of impact driver that you would need for any home based DIY projects, in and around your home.
This product has been designed innovatively in the sense that it comes with both quick shift and tightening mode. The former is where your impact driver uses the right combination of speed and torque for a better fix, and the later is when the speed is reduced to avoid stripping the fastening. As such, it is as user friendly as an Impact driver can get and you should be able to use its various features quite easily. Check out the pros and cons of this impact driver,
- It comes with a brushless motor as well as four speed settings
- It is quite compact and is likely the smallest impact driver that you are bound to come across
- It features both quick shift as well as tightening mode
- It comes with a reasonable price tag
- It is durable and comes with a three year warranty.
- Nothing much to complain about except that this impact driver too makes quite a bit of noise
Overall, this impact driver stands out for several reasons stemming from its compact size to the fact that it comes with four speed settings which you can use for fixing various sized nuts and bolts. It is quite good.
#3. PORTER-CABLE PCCK647LB 20V MAX
If you are looking for a powerful impact driver that runs longer than some of the other impact drivers in the market, then you need to take a closer look at this model. This model packs in quite a punch at 1400 in of Torque, and is compact as well, which makes it easy to handle. Needless to say, this mode is cordless as well so if you are a first time user, then you would find this particular model quite easy to handle. It does come with a slight lag time when you press the trigger but that is more of the norm where impact drivers are concerned. It features single speed functionality which you can vary with the help of the trigger.
The best part is that this tool is quite versatile in the sense that you can use it as a screwdriver as well as an impact driver which makes it the perfect fit for any DIY projects that you would want to handle. It also features a brushless motor as well as adaptable torque, and comes with built in LED light for more visibility. It certainly stands out for the right reasons – so let’s take a closer look at some of the pros and cons of this impact driver,
- It features built in LED light that’s quite powerful
- It comes with adaptable torque as well as brushless motor
- It comes with quick change hex
- It also features a three year warranty
- It comes with a great price tag
- It could be designed to generate more power
- Its batteries do not last as long as expected
On the whole, this impact driver is quite decent. It does come with some good torque and speed and should be a good fit for DIY projects as well as small construction jobs.
#4. Milwaukee 2753-20 M18 Fuel 1/4 Hex Impact Driver
This best cordless impact driver is a vast improvement on its earlier model and while the last model was quite popular, it is widely expected that this one would be as well. This is a fuel hex impact driver, and quite compact and easy to handle. All you need to do is to ensure that it is all tanked up before using this particular tool. It comes with an ergonomic design as well as a 3000 RPM and a torque of 1800. As mentioned before, this product is a definite improvement on its earlier variant. It also features a highly efficient brushless motor, one that stands out for all the right reasons. And apart from this, it also comes with 4 mode drive control with each mode corresponding to a certain speed and power.
This should enable you to operate this tool more efficiently than before. Apart from this, it is also compatible with batteries so you can use the same with this tool instead of fuel. What makes this impact driver stand out is that it allows you to operate the tool quite efficiently and packs in quite a lot of power. The end result is that you are able to use it quite efficiently on various projects, and be extremely fast at the same time. Check out the various pros and cons, associated with this impact driver,
- It comes with four power modes with which you can optimize the performance of this impact driver
- It is lightweight
- It is extremely powerful and comes with 1800 of torque
- It also comes with 5 year warranty which should tell you how durable this product is
- It also features a realistic price tag
- It does make quite a bit of noise
Overall, this is a very good impact driver and you can use it with fuel or with batteries. It is powerful enough and you should be able to use it on any project.
#5. Ridgid GEN5X R86035SB 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 1/4 in Cordless Impact Driver
This is an interesting impact driver; there is no denying the fact. It certainly comes with an interesting look and appearance. But what is interesting about this product is that it comes with a downward force so that you can use it to screw and unscrew nuts and bolts as well. This impact driver can be quite handy especially when you are trying to remove a lug nut and it is frozen solid.
The device comes with an internal hammer and a spring and when the spring is released, it transfers its energy to the hammer and that is essentially how this product works. It comes with multiple torque settings and features nearly 2000 pounds of torque. That should tell you how powerful this tool is and it really packs a punch. It is compact enough that you should be able to handle it with ease. Moreover, it comes with an ergonomic design which provides for ‘easy to use’ functionality. Check out the various pros and cons of this impact driver,
- It comes with 2000 pounds of torque and multiple torque settings
- It features an ergonomic design
- It is also one of the few impact drivers to come with lifetime service agreement
- It comes with a reasonable price tag
- This model does not come with a brushless motor
This project is quite powerful; you can use it on any project. It s definitely the sort of driver that you would want, so check it out.
#6. Bosch 25618-02 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 1/4-Hex Impact Driver
This impact driver comes with an eye catching design and it certainly looks great. Given the fact that the manufacturer comes with quality products in several other niches, it should not be surprising that he comes with one in this niche as well. The impact driver is an 18V cordless impact driver and is quite easy to handle.
You can use it to drive screws into anything. It is perfect for serial screw driving, fastening lug nuts and more. It comes with a compact shape and is quite light as well, so you should be able to use it in compact corners with ease and without much difficulty. It currently comes with an impact rate of 3200 BPM. It’s time to check out the various pros and cons of this impact driver and to see if it is indeed as good as it is said to be,
- It is quite powerful, and it comes with a torque of 1500 pounds
- It comes with a high performance motor
- It also comes with a light emitting diode which should be quite useful in dimly lit conditions
- It comes with variable speed control
- It can be quite pricey than some of the other impact drivers in the market
- The batteries do not last long
This is a good impact driver and one that you can use both as an amateur as well as a professional. You can use it for almost any project and it can be quite a handy tool to have.
Best Cordless Impact Drivers 2023: Buying Guide
Impact drivers come in various shapes and sizes, from small tiny drivers to really huge ones. You may need a driver to handle various projects around your home. In that case, you may want to pay attention to the following metrics,
It all comes down to the torque; the better the torque, the more power the drill can pack in. That’s why; you need to select an impact driver with some decent torque. With a good impact driver, you should easily be able to drill in 3/4th inch holes to even 5-inch ones with ease. And it can prove to be quite handy for any DIY project as it would enable you to dig in the holes for the screws with ease.
The great part about impact drivers is that they often come with twice the RPM of ordinary cordless drills out there. And as such, even a small impact driver can really pack it in and cause big holes with ease.
One hand use:
One additional reason that you would want to pick out an impact driver over other variants like the drill bit driver, is that you should be able to handle the impact driver with just one hand. Most of the other drivers often cause a lot of vibration and you would need to balance it and provide it with some forward force. But with an impact driver, you should be able to handle it with one hand, and push it in gently as it already comes with built-in forward force.
Yes, impact drivers are really loud and if you want to etch that up as a downside, so be it. But most of these impact drivers come with the required protection for your ears and protect the same from any noise that s created as a result of switching it on.
there’s quite a bit of difference between 12 inch and 16 inch drivers. And while, you are more likely to come across small, 18 inch compact drivers you really need to assess your need and choose one that fits in with your current requirements.
How to take better care of your impact drivers:
If you are wondering how long the impact drivers would last, well, they can last for a long time provide you take good care of the same. Some of these impact drivers even come with 3 year warranties and that should tell you that they are designed to be durable and able to take on all the tear and wear. That being said you may want to follow a few tips to take better care of them.
- Make sure that you use the correct sockets and bits: Granted that this may seem like a little thing but using wrong sockets with wrong bits can lead to breakage. And this can eventually damage the impact driver itself. So make a point to double-check everything before switching on your impact driver.
- Check the wrench: It is important that you check your impact driver regularly. Make sure that all the parts are functioning as they are supposed to, seamlessly. And if for some reason one or another part of the impact driver seems worn down or does not fit in correctly as before, then you may want to get the same checked by a professional to ensure that your impact driver continues to function smoothly.
- Clean it regularly: It goes without saying that you need to clean your impact drive regularly. This is to ensure that the tool is maintained in good condition and as a result, can last for a long time.
- Use recommended grease and lubricants: You need to keep your impact wrench well lubricated, especially the moving parts. Just make sure that you are using the recommended grease and lubricants for the moving parts in your tool.
- Do not apply excessive torque: You should never apply excessive torque as this can damage the machine. It is recommended that you use just the bare minimum for drilling into the baseboard or anything else. If you use too much torque, then chances are that you would end up damaging your socket and drill bits as well.
- Store safely: Once you have used your tools, it is important that you clean them thoroughly and store them same safely in your tool room. Just make sure that you set it down, out of the hands of children, and that they cannot reach the same. The storage area must be both cool and dry and the moving parts of the driver are well ventilated and well lubricated at all times.
These are some of the tips that should help you take better care of your handy little tool.
These are some of the top-ranked impact drivers and each one differs from the other in terms of functionality as well as features. It is important that you also check out each product, and pay close attention to the warranty that goes with it. Some impact drivers come with just one year of warranty which is not much while some even offer a lifetime service agreement. This should clue you in as to the durability of the product itself. Most of the best impact drivers reviewed here are both compact and lightweight, thereby easy to handle as well. It certainly stands out for the right reasons and that is why you would need to check these products out.
Make sure that you know your requirements so that you can sort through the various products listed here. If you are using this only for a DIY projects around your home, then any impact driver listed here should do the trick. So make sure that you have a good idea of what sort of impact driver you need and then, choose from the ones listed here. With the right impact driver, you should be able to wrap up your project in record time.